Burbank Public Library Welcomes You to
The purpose of Storytime is not to teach the child how to read, but rather to encourage the love of language and literature in all its forms. Kids listen to, observe and imitate the books and activities we share, thus building reading readiness as they grow. Our goal is to create positive interactions with books for the parent and the child to experience together.
Some Guidelines to Keep in Mind
- Parent participation is the key to the success of this program. Please join in the activities and show your child it’s fun!
- Please put toys and food away when possible.
- If your child is crying loudly or otherwise distracting others, please feel free to step out and “regroup.” (If the Preschool Storytime program doesn’t hold your child’s attention, your child might respond better to the Toddler Time program.)
- RELAX! It is not expected that your child will sit still and participate in every activity. Our goal is to have fun with rhymes, songs, books, and other language-building play.
- Keep in mind that you set the example for your child. If you don’t listen quietly while stories are read, the children will not sit quietly either. Remember, there is time to socialize as soon as Storytime is over.
- The program doesn’t end when you go home. Share the rhymes and activities you’ve learned this morning at bedtime, quiet time or anytime!